Tuesday 21 July 2015

July 21st - Amiens, France

Oh wow, I can't believe it has been a whole week since my last entry. It feels like only yesterday! So much has happened in the last week.
On my two days off I went to Pisa and saw the leaning tower and then went to Florence. Pisa was really cute, I got some snaps with the leaning tower :)
Florence was incredible, did some shopping at there markets and saw the Cathedral and main square. It was however, 40 degrees so I felt like I was melting.
The next day I travelled to a closer beach then Cinque Terre which was called Viaggio. It wasn't the nicest beach compared to Australian beaches but the town was cute and it was good to lay in the sun.
The following day we flew from Tuscany to Brussels and drove straight to Ypres where we spent the next three days. Those days were jammed packed visiting the local war museum and visiting the western front cemeteries.
I fell in love with Ypres, cute little town with cobblestone streets and delicious food. They made a vegetarian burger which I can safely say I will travel back to try again haha... and those Belgium waffles ♡.
From Ypres, Belgium we have travelled along to Amiens in France and we have been here for a few days also visiting more museums and cemeteries. Last night I went out for a beautiful meal along the canals in Amiens, the city has a little Venice twist to it. Tomorrow is the last day of visiting memorial sites and then the following day we have to do our test/exam for the unit. On that day we then drive to Paris and have our farewell dinner with the teaching staff and students! But after then I still have two nights and full day in Paris and then 5 full days in Amsterdam with my friends from home (Kalinda, Ryan and Eri).

So that is my last week crammed into a short, short blog entry. Hopefully before I fly off to Amsterdam I can leave another entry and let you know how it was seeing the Lourve, Eiffel Tower, etc..
Hope everyone is well :D xo

No comments:

Post a Comment